Mackinaw Trail Winery recently opened a new tasting room in the Gaslight District of Petoskey. Their grand opening was held this week in conjunction with the Annual Gallery Walk and drew huge crowds. Winery owner, Ralph Stable estimated 800-1000 guests being served.
This is the third tasting room for Mackinaw Trail Winery. The first is located in the Upper Peninsula’s Manistique, and the second opened last summer in The Crossing at
The Petoskey store’s hours are Monday through Saturday 11am to 7pm, and Sunday Noon to 5pm.
The winery features a large variety of red, white, fruit, and dessert wine. Ralph recommends the 2007 Merlot, of which he is particularly proud. He recommends cellaring the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon for a few more months until it has reached its prime.
Ralph, along with his son Dustin, make all of the wine themselves from
You can find their wines in most specialty wine shops around Michigan or on their website. I plan on tasting some of their wines in the near future and posting my tasting notes.

Their wines are spectacular! I bought a bottle of 2007 Merlot a couple weeks ago and it was one of the best Michigan Merlots I have ever had! I would suggest everyone to try it. Next month im going to buy a case when I get up to Mackinaw.
ReplyDelete