7/23/09

My Suggestion of the Day: Keep your Tweets to 120 Characters or Less

I love twitter. I read and post to it daily. I think it is a great tool to promote your blog, product, brand, etc.
MichiganBytheBottle.com is devoted to promoting Michigan wines, therefore many of my posts on twitter are retweets of interesting articles/offers/events involving Michigan wineries. However, many twitter users selling themselves short by using all 140 characters in their tweets.
When I (or other people) retweet their posts, we generally start with RT @username or add (via @username) at the end of the tweet. When we retweet, we therefore are only able to include about 120 of your characters.
Not only does it take more of my time to edit your tweet, but I (and others) may inadvertently take out important parts of your message. Or worse yet, we may take out phrases that fundamentally change what you wanted to say.
Help me, help you, promote Michigan wines and events by keeping your tweets to 120 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment