I picked up this bottle at the winery back in July. It has been chilling in my wine refrigerator since, just waiting for the right moment. Now is the right moment.
I plan on throwing burgers and brats on the grill and wanted something cool and refreshing. With the Cabernet Franc Challenge coming up, I thought I would celebrate with a Rose' of Cabernet Franc.
I was in such awe of their facility when I visited their tasting room in July, that they could have poured me Kool-Aid and it would have tasted sophisticated and interesting.
Now is the real test. I get to experience it the way I experience wine every day. 2 Lads seals this and most of their wines with a screw cap and doesn't apologize for it. I love their forward thinking and willingness to buck tradition in the name of making a better product.
The first thing I noticed as I poured it was the deep red color. It was much deeper red than most Rose'. The aroma's are amazing! Raspberry and chocolate covered cherries come through loud and clear.
The taste is also not your ordinary Rose'. It is super intense. The fruitiness of the Cabernet Franc comes through, but the finish is pretty dry.
This is a very refreshing wine. I am willing to bet that wine lovers who are afraid of pink wines may change their tune after trying this. Maybe the deep red color will bring them in, but the crisp fruit will keep them coming back.
As of August 13th at 2:08 pm, this wine was officially sold out. As with most of the 2 Lads wines, you must pounce on them when you have the opportunity.

No comments:
Post a Comment