We are planning a trip to the Southeast Michigan Pioneer Wine Trail on Friday, August 21st. Many of you know I much prefer wine tasting during the week than dealing with all of the crowds on Saturday and Sunday.Although I have tasted many of their wines, I have not visited any of these wineries. I am very excited to see where all of the magic happens. My wife, our friend Erica, and I will be taking the Pioneer Wine Trail by storm.
We are planning to stop at
My apologies to Burgdorf's Winery, but because of time constraints, we are unable to visit your winery during this trip. However, we really enjoyed talking with Dave at the Michigan Gold Medal Wine Reception and will make it a point to visit sometime soon.
I really hope to take some time and talk with the winemakers, owners, and staff about what makes their wines unique among Michigan wineries. I am also curious to learn more about what makes Southeast Michigan a good grape growing region. I may even ask the tough question that has been on my mind lately-- What are they specifically doing to get the 21 to 35 year olds more interested in their wines.
Please comment below with your favorite wines from these wineries. Let us know what we should taste at each. Of course, I will share our experiences with everyone when we get back.

No comments:
Post a Comment